Monday, July 4, 2016

Week 46

Hey all!
So sorry I didn't write last week. I got transferred to Ennis, Montana
and was busy packing and saying bye to people all day. So I will give
some main points of last week:
- We spent a weekend in Lima and taught an only Spanish speaking
couple(working on a ranch) the Restoration. We had a member translate
for us but it was still way hard. They're from Tijuana Mexico and the
wife is a recent convert and her husband is not a member. It went well
and she enjoyed it but I think he will need more time. They were
awesome and I realized how much I need to learn Spanish. I picked up a
lot and could communicate come but one of my life goals is to learn
it.
- Last preparation day we went to a members ranch and he wanted to get
"mobbed by cows". So they drove us out to the middle of some pastures
of yearlings in side by sides and golf carts and the cows just chased
us and surrounded us! At one point, they ran in a massive circle
around us. Like a stampede of hundreds of cattle! It was crazy! And my
grandma, cousins, and sister came through town and my mission
president approved it. So we had lunch and it was a crazy reunion. So
fun but also sad when they left. Heavenly Father blessed me though to
forget it quickly so I wouldn't get homesick. And Sister Shupe and I
played racket ball at the college- so that helped. :)
- We had a mission tour. Elder Anderson of the 70 came and we learned
a lot from him. Some things that stood out to me was that...
             1. we are the
gatekeepers of the 1st ordinances of salvation: mainly baptism! It's
up to us to find those people who are prepared and help them have
faith, repent, and be baptized! What a responsibility and privilege!
We really are blessed to have this role in the Lord's work.

            2. He also mentioned that if we don't have hardships on
our missions, we should be worried. And I guess that pertains to life
as well! We need them to progress and be who God wants us to be. We
don't need to be perfect now but we need to progress.

            3. "If there's anything worsethan a missionary who says he can't do, 
it is a missionary who says he
can do it [himself]." That's true and I've seen it! We are and can do
nothing without the Lord's help and his spirit.
- Our 9 year old investigators baptism was in Dillon and
I missed it because I got transferred but I'm glad for him. He really
was excited and it was so fun to teach him!
This week:
-I was transferred to Ennis. It was SO hard to leave Dillon. That
truly felt like home and it broke my heart to leavethere but I know I will be 
back to visit after my mission, without a
doubt. I joked about just living there- which I wouldn't mind at all.
:)
Ennis is a little tourist town in the Bozeman stake (so I'm back in my
old stake, just in the other side). It has a population a little over
1000 but this 4th of July weekend- there will be thousands more
because of the parade, rodeo, fireworks, etc. Ennis is famous for
fishing and hunting and has the Madison River and Ennis Lake nearby
(which are gorgeous). Ennis has only a branch- so this is way
different from the 2 wards and 2 branches I covered in my last area!
Chruch was actually packed because of all of the visitors in town for
the holiday weekend. The building is teeny too, so we were sitting
cozy in there.
And my companion is Sister Kent and she's been out for 3 months.
We have been double transferred to this area so we are trying to get our heads on our
shoulders. Which means meeting a lot of new people and getting lost.
Haha. But really.

Well, that's what's going in here. Hope all is well for everyone else! Love ya!
Love,
Sister Ney

P.S. And if you want to have a current mailing address for me, ask my
parents or mail it to the mission home 1848 Rimrock Rd. Billings, MT
59102

New companion Sister Kent


New Apt

 Ennis Church


No comments:

Post a Comment