Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Week 73

Hey world! 
So the beginning of the week just consisted of me being sick and us being stuck in the apartment.
I do feel better now and we had an awesome lesson with one of our investigators on date about the word of wisdom. We were kind of nervous for the lesson because she has some word of wisdom issues but her reaction was "This is gonna suck" but she was totally willing to do it! She knows very well that it's gonna be hard but there wasn't any question that she was gonna try! She's awesome. 
We had zone conference in Buffalo on Wednesday and interviews with President here in Sheridan on Thursday.  The conference was all about repentance again and it was really good. I like how they not only talked about teaching repentance, but how we as missionaries really need to apply it too. We will have no power in our teaching if we don't use the atonement ourselves! 
We had a lesson with our 11 year old investigator in Ranchester and we put him on date finally for January 28th! He is a funny kid and wanted to be baptized on dates that are associated with tragic events in history (like the Titanic sinking or the attack on Pearl Harbor) but his parents were able to talk him out of it. It was the most chaotic and unique experience of putting someone on date I've ever had on my mission. Haha.
So cool experience- the other week on exchanges, another sister and I got stuck in the snow and a nice family saw us and helped us out. Well I wanted to thank them so Sister Jacoby and I dropped off cookies last night and it turns out they are a less active/ part member family! They were nice and let us in and talked to us for a while. They're not interested right now but I think their hearts softened a little bit. :)
I hope you all have a great week! 

Sister Lauren Ney
Montana Billings Mission 

1. zone conference
2. Yummy icicles
3. Im in cowboy country



No comments:

Post a Comment