Monday, January 25, 2016

Week 23

Hello all! 

This week has been alright. We had a really cool worldwide missionary broadcast on Wednesday it was titled, "Teach Repentance and Baptize Converts" and Elders Anderson, Bednar, Oaks and some other people talked. I think my favorite part was when they said "Always have the Lord's name on your lips and be prepared to testify of Him at all times and all places" and "If you're ever unsure of what to say, testify of the the Savior". And I have thought about it and I don't think we testify of the Savior nearly enough and we are indebted to Him.
Our investigator who is getting baptized on the 6th is progressing so well! He dropped coffee and tea like it was no big deal. He said, "You wouldn't believe it! I haven't had an alcohol, cigs, coffee, or tea but I had a whole can of peaches!" Hahaha. Funniest thing of my life. And we taught him like 4 times this week. He is sooooo eager to be baptized and receive the Gift of the Holy Ghost. He even was so touched at church this week that he teared up. And he calls us every day for daily contact. Often, multiple times a day because he has questions from the Book of Mormon. 
There was also another funny thing that happened when we were tracting. We had a member girl with us and we knocked on this lady's door. Her dogs were barking inside (because everyone in Montana has a dog) and she said, "I'm not interested! And get away from my dogs!" Her dogs were in the house. So we just thought that was so funny because we weren't even close to her dogs.
I've been working on being slow to anger this week. Similar to patience. But I found that it's one of the best things I've ever tried to work on. Just letting things go has been the best thing ever. I'm so much happier when I do that and so are the people around me. President Hinckley has a talk called "Slow to Anger" and it's the best thing ever. Happy is the man that can just let things go and go on his way. (That was a paraphrased quote).

Love and miss you all!

~Sister Ney

We made crepes for Sister Schwendiman's one year mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment