Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Week 56

Heyo!

So this week was pretty great.
We had our annual branch corn roast where they grill and deep fry
Canadian corn. It was pretty good! I've had so much corn lately
though. I think I've had more corn within the last couple of weeks
than I've had in my whole life!
I learned how to can things as well- mainly apples and relish. We just
happened upon 2 different ladies that needed help canning this week.
And we made homemade apple sauce with this big contraption thing.
We went to a funeral of a less active member of the branch. I never
met him but we went to support the people. There were maybe only 10 in
attendance. This was the 3rd funeral I've been to on my mission and I
hardly knew all of them.
We had some awesome member present lessons this week. I just love when
members come with us. And I have found these scriptures and have been
thinking a lot about the benefit of THREE witnesses. In 2 Corinthians
13:1, it says, "This is the third time I am coming to you. In the
mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established." and
2 Nephi 11:3 says, "...Wherefore, by the words of three, God hath
said, I will establish my word. Nevertheless, God sendeth more
witnesses, and he proveth all his words."
When we have a member present in our lessons, the testimony of the
doctrine being taught is so much more powerful. The people who are
learning can see that other people, besides the missionaries, have
faith in Christ and have seen blessings come from living His word. So
go out with the missionaries! You will be able to participate in the
most important work- the work of salvation. :)
We contacted lots of referrals because they piled up because no one
was ever home when we tried them. We were up there in the 20s.
For district meeting this week, we all met in Great Falls to hear a
guy by the name of Craig S. Michelsen speak. He's currently a young
men's president in one of the Great Falls wards and he had written
some books on church doctrine. He's had some other higher up callings
in the church as well. He actually spoke to our zone about the signs
of the second coming and all of our minds were blown by the end. It's
kindof sad though because everything he taught is in the scriptures.
We just don't study and utilize them enough to know the important
information that Heavenly Father has given to us. So that's something
I need for work on. It's definitely evidence of 2 Nephi 28:30,
"...thus saith the Lord God: I will give unto the children of men line
upon line, precept upon precept, here a little and there a little; and
blessed are those who hearken unto my precepts, and lend an ear unto
my counsel, for they shall learn wisdom; for unto him that receiveth I
will give more; and from them that shall say, We have enough, from
them shall be taken away even that which they have." And if we don't
read and understand the scriptures we have now- we won't be able to
receive additional scripture Heavenly Father has for us in the future.
He actually started off with talking about the preexistence. I felt
the spirit so strongly when he was talking about that and I started
crying. I don't know why. It just hit me really hard.
We had an awesome miracle yesterday. We previously met this lady at a
Mexican restaurant who said she wanted us to start teaching her son
again because missionaries in the last have tried to meet with him. So
we went over yesterday and met him and he was so excited that his mom
gave approval. He didn't take the lessons before because he thought it
would go against his parents wishes. So we just said "Yeah. Your mom
is all for it." He asked how many lessons there are and what happens
when they're done (so we of course brought up baptism and church) and
he took a Book of Mormon and everything. So we have an appointment
with him later this week and he's so cool!
Hope you all are doing great!

Sister Lauren Ney
Montana Billings Mission

Pic 1-Making applesauce!
Pic 2-Sunflowers that are taller than me!
Pic 3-It's been reallll rainy this week.




No comments:

Post a Comment