Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Hey, family and friends!

Excuse the typos. These keyboards suck and the shift bar basically doesnt work unless I jab it). This week has been one of the longest yet shortest weeks of my life. The first day was mass confusion and chaos. We were kindof just thrown into everything. Um. My companion is Sister Crosland. She's 23 and from moroni, ut and her family has a turkey farm up there! She's awesome. So out district consists of me, Sis. crosland, Sis. Wach (from Orem), and Sis. Thacker (from Kaysville, Ut). So I'm the only Arizonan out of the sisters. All the Sisters are going to the MBM (montana billings mission) but the elders are going to Winepeg, Canada and 2 are going to Bakersfield, CA. We have the canadian- bound elders: elders romeril, quinton, mcneil, and talbot. The Californians are elders Iribe (from AZ too!) and patterson. We've all become so close and its gonna be sad to leave them.

We've had three investigators so far and there have been disappointments and awesome progression as well. We got all three to commit to prayer, reading the Book of Mormon, and baptism either on the first or second lesson. It's interesting having to go in and really just relying on the Spirit because sometimes we know nothing about the person and basically have to be ready to teach anything. Also, I have a theory. The missionaries going to foreign, non- English speaking missions have somewhat of an advantage over us. Because they don't know many words yet, they REALLY rely on the Spirit in their lessons and are only able to teach simple truths with what little words they know. I tend to get wordy (because I'm speaking my own language) and may end up saying too much and confusing the investigator. So I just have to keep in mind to keep it simple.

I've also noticed how much the Spirit has helped me remember scriptures. I've always struggled my whole life in remembering where scriptures are and quoting them. But now, as a missionary, its way easier remembering them and its been a huge blessing. The church is true!

Also- Sis. crosland and i are the sister training leaders (like the zone leaders but for the girls), and we have to have an orientation for the 2 new districts coming to our zone on Wednesday. and guess what. Trey kealer is gonna be in my zone!!! it just consists of three small districts, so i'll get to see him a lot. it was neat seeing a familiar name on the list of people coming in. There was 2,200 missionaries in the MTC this last week but a huge chunk just left so now we're ready for everyone else to file in, and we get to harrass the newbies by saying "WELCOME TO THE MTC!!!!" whenever we see them on the first day like everyone else did to us.

Oh! And I'm in the choir too! it is the COOLEST thing! There's thousands of us and its sooooo powerful i get chills every time the elders sing. (There's a lot more elders here than sisters which is the complete opposite of BYU). 

The MTC is great and everyone is so nice. you get the hang of of things pretty quick and now I'm just ready to go to Montana but we leave Sept 1st so i got another week. There's 30 of us going!!! So that will be a fun plane ride. 

To end on a spiritual note, i can say that I am being more converted to the Lord and have seen miracles and felt the Spirit more here than in my entire life. this is the real university of the Lord and am so blessed to be able to share what I know with others and make their lives happier by helping them come unto Christ.

Love you all!
Sister Ney


No comments:

Post a Comment