Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Week 50

Miracles. Tons of them this week, guys! Good-NESS. I can't believe how
different this week was from last week. It goes to show how the
mission is a roller coaster.
So I have felt the spirit prompting me to lots of different houses
this week and every time I obeyed, the people were home and receptive.
We found so many new investigates that way! The spirit is so sweet. In
one instance, I felt prompted all day to go to 2nd St. For some
reason, I thought it was just that part of town so we tracted several
streets around 2nd street but eventually I figured out it was that one
street that we needed to go to. I could see it in my mind. And the
first house we went to was the person we needed to find. We talked to
her for a solid hour and well into dinner time about the Book of
Mormon and she had good questions and everything. She was given a Book
of Mormon by her high school friend and just kept it and loved the
gift without ever having read it before! So we are so excited for her.
Another cool thing about that is that we have been focusing a lot on
the Book of Mormon in our district meetings and I think it was able to
prepare us for meeting her.
So listening to the spirit saved us a lot of knocking empty and
unprepared doors like it's been all transfer.
We had zone training this week in Bozeman and it went really well. So
we have a few new standards of excellence. Now, we have...
~4 baptisms a month per companionship
~3 lessons with investigators in a members home per week
~4 investigators in sacrament meeting per week
~24 new investigators as a zone per week
They're some lofty goals but I know that the push will help us be
better and hasten the work!
Another miracle: we were able to help an older guy pack up his trailer
this week because he is moving. His daughter was there and after a
while of packing, he asked if we had a message. We said yes and shared
the restoration and put him and his daughter on date to be baptized!
And she wants her 7 year old (soon to be 8 year old) daughter baptized
too! They're willing to come to church next week and her little
daughters said they love church so they're super excited.
Another miracle: Our 12 year old investigator (who wants to be
baptized) came to church yesterday! It's been hard to get her to
church because her family is less active and she can't drive but it
worked out this time! She stayed for all 3 hours and we were with her
all throughout church because no other youth came- so all of her
classes consisted of her and Sister Kent and I.
Then, yesterday we were able to put another woman kindof on date for
baptism. She's engaged to a member and her soon to be mother-in-law
came. We taught her the restoration and she wants to be baptized but
it will have to wait until after their wedding. She's so solid. She
comes to church occasionally and she's the sweetest person.
I have been listening to a lot of conference talks lately while I get
ready for the day and I came across this quote:
"The world is our responsibility. We cannot evade it. I think of the
words of Jacob in the Book of Mormon, who with his brother Joseph had
been consecrated a priest and teacher unto the people:

“And we did magnify our office unto the Lord, taking upon us the
responsibility, answering the sins of the people upon our own heads if
we did not teach them the word of God with all diligence.” (Jacob
1:19.)"-Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley (The Question of a Mission)
I know this is true and that we have a very sacred and important
responsibility to be missionaries and allow everyone to experience the
same blessings we have!
Till next week!

Sister Lauren Ney
Montana Billings Mission

P.s. Also- transfers are next week- so don't mail me anything around
that time because I don't know where I'll be!


No comments:

Post a Comment