Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Week 32

Hola, everyone!
So last preparation day, we went to Bannack- a ghost town and the first territorial capital of Montana. We went with the elders and some YSAs in our area. It was way fun! 
We have had quite the miracle happening this week. So a father of a part member family started investigating the church and we taught him all of the lessons within 3 days so that he could have the option of getting baptized with his 8 year old daughter on Easter. (He kind of raised his hand and volunteered to be taught when we asked for referrals at dinner at his in-laws house). He ended up deciding to get baptized next Saturday after conference, but it was impressive that we were able to teach EVERYTHING within a matter of a few hours. He believes everything and understands everything really well because he's been to church lots of times before. He even referred us to his grandparents and sister. Sister Shupe and I sang at his daughters baptism yesterday and it went well. We sang "Baptism" from the children's songbook. 
We watched part of the Motab broadcast with some elderly members and we watched the women's general session the next day. I loved Sister Neill Marriott! She was so funny! I don't think I've ever heard a female general authority have that kind of humor before. I noticed how they talked a lot about motherhood (which was awkward because I'm on a mission and can't have kids for a while....) and I thought it was cool how they talked about taking in refugees. If I was an adult and had my own home, I would seriously consider it!
Easter was way fun. We had fast and testimony meeting at church and then we had the 8 year old baptism and then we had dinner at one of my favorite family's houses. They gave us little Easter baskets and everything! And Sister Shupe's family sent us these funny chicken things with Easter eggs, food, and other fun stuff inside. And it was a day the whole world could dedicate to our Savior! How awesome is that?! Everyday could be like Christmas and Easter if we wanted them to be. :) 
Here is something I found this week in my studies that I thought would be good to share. I found this in the Ensign. It's titled "Seeking Spiritual Gifts" by Pres. George Q. Cannon 
"… I know that God is willing to heal the sick, that He is willing to bestow the gift of discerning of spirits, the gift of wisdom, of knowledge and of prophecy, and other gifts that may be needed. If any of us are imperfect, it is our duty to pray for the gift that will make us perfect. Have I imperfections? I am full of them. What is my duty? To pray to God to give me the gifts that will correct these imperfections. If I am an angry man, it is my duty to pray for charity, which suffereth long and is kind. Am I an envious man? It is my duty to seek for charity, which envieth not. So with all the gifts of the gospel. They are intended for this purpose. No man ought to say, “Oh, I cannot help this; it is my nature.” He is not justified in it, for the reason that God has promised to give strength to correct these things, and to give gifts that will eradicate them. If a man lack wisdom, it is his duty to ask God for wisdom. The same with everything else. That is the design of God concerning His Church. He wants His Saints to be perfected in the truth. For this purpose He gives these gifts and bestows them upon those who seek after them, in order that they may be a perfect people upon the face of the earth, notwithstanding their many weaknesses, because God has promised to give the gifts that are necessary for their perfection."
Hope all is well!

Jail in Bannack

 Easter baskets

No comments:

Post a Comment